Saturday, March 12, 2011

L.A.S.E.R.S - Love Always Shines Everytime Remember 2 Smile

Hip-Hop is back y’all!!
Lupe Fiasco’s most recent body of work since 2007 finally hit shelves on the 8th of March and I have to say the album LASERS is nothing short of amazing
One of the biggest problems in rap or should I say music in general is consistency and even the best of them have struggled to remain consistent but Lupe has proven that he can stick to his true musical roots and ideas and non-conformist music and I must admit it's a HUGE step for hip hop.
When I first heard the “The show goes on”, which was one of the first singles on  the album, it reminded me of Modest Mouse “Float On” but on steroids, and since then I have been eagerly waiting for the album
I would admit that this is not your regular rap album, rather is a good music album - that’s the best way to describe it. It’s a trip into the mind of the person Lupe has become now and you can almost relate to every single track on there. I know I did!
Some people might say the album is a compilation of top 10 radio singles. In truth every single song on there is Radio single material, but from what we know so far about rap music is; its either you make Nas type albums that’s hardcore and move a small amount of units or you make. Flo-Rida type music,  and move massive units.
What Lupe did here was merge both Schools of rap music, and that’s what makes the album so unique. Thumbs up Lupe.
2 of my favorite tracks are "Words I Never Said" and State Run Radio"
On "Words I Never Said", Lupe goes “if you turn your TV on, all you see is a bunch of what the Fucks, Dude is dating so and so, blabbering about such and such and that ain’t jersey shore, homie that’s the news”
The track “State Run Radio”,is so reminiscent of all the things i hate about new music. Lupe talks about dumb songs on the radio with repetitive hooks and all, without any message. With lines like "Believe the lies you learned in your class, that’s there’s no treasure in your trash, and the ceiling has the same feeling that the floor has and that’s where you should stay, this is what they play”
The album has features from John Legend, Sway, Trey Songz, Skylar Grey and MDMA. Even though I don’t understand why MDMA had to be on 3 songs but I would let that slide because all 3 songs that featured MDMA had 3 very distinct feels
Regardless of the fact that the album was SERIOUSLY hyped, ( My TL was filled with #LASERS and @lupefiasco famzing) it’s great to see good music being  hyped for once.
 Peeps, one of the best albums of 2011 so far. LASERS is shorter, brighter and — most admirably — more optimistic" than his previous album The Cool.
Its currently number one on itunes and I am pretty sure it would be up there for a while.
Let me know what you think
P.S please buy the album and don’t Boot-legg. If I can do it I know you can! *Smirk*

1 comment:

  1. this has to be one of the GREATEST Pieces of Music EVER CREATED.....LUPE = Modern Day Tupac.
    Imagine if he colab'd with eminem & lowkey...XOXO

    ReplyDelete