Wednesday, February 16, 2011

OLEKU: The Return..

Hello all, it’s been a swell day for me so far. My favorite team won their game and finally the “revamped” OLEKU video would be hitting the net in a couple of hours.
It’s important to note that I really like the OLEKU song in itself and I even liked every remix I heard. So here I was waiting for the video to drop and praying and hoping it was worth the wait.
At about 9pm I got a checked my TL and a friend of mine had posted something about the video. I went on YouTube to check it out and my day went downhill from there.
After watching said video, I had to check what date the video  was posted and go hunt for the old one to be sure I wasn’t being duped. There is absolutely no difference between the previous/leaked video and this one. I mean absolutely no difference!
Ok, maybe I am just a pain in the a$$ or whatever but seriously, asides the few wordings that stated what Ice prince was rapping or what Brymo was singing, there’s nothing spectacular or “new” about the new video. The girl in the white shorts still did those weird moves, M.I still showed his Ribena colored tongue, Brymo still pursed his lips in a way that I am guessing was supposed to be sexy, while some random-ers who showed up early on in the “leaked” video were moved to the tail end of the video.
So let’s get down to this whole leak thing. I do not believe in any way that the initial video was leaked. This is my own personal opinion so feel free to believe what you want. The video showed up on a couple of sites that I wonder how they got them if it really was a leak. Secondly why would anyone want to leak the video anyway? Do we even know the reason why albums and songs or movies are leaked? Albums/movies are usually leaked when the anticipation for said movie/album is so great and fans get antsy. This is evident in the fact that these leaks are never sold but are given out for free. Why do you think these days, artistes release a couple of tracks from the album before the actual release date? Reason: To wet the appetite of fans and generally cool them off till the real thing drops.
So when I hear OLEKU video leaked, I am completely lost, because it’s not like we were actually jonzing for an OLEKU video in the first place. Be honest OLEKU was not and would never be as big as GONGO ASO. 9ice released the video when he felt like and as much as we would like to say it didn’t measure up to the massiveness of the track in itself, everyone was fine with it. We all moved on.
Fact is if OLEKU didn’t ever have a video no one would have cared less. The song was so big that nothing he would have done by way of a video would have measured up. To be honest I would rather he did a remix with some big shots to keep the track fresh pending the release of his album.
I am left wondering if a change in costume and a few words flashed across the screen amounts to a new video. I am also wondering what exactly the end game here is.
I know a lot of people would get sentimental about the video and all, and say “oh it’s ok” well good luck to you. I would rather watch the old one. Thank you.
It’s one thing to do a sub-par video, but it’s another thing to then come out and say the video was leaked, it’s a totally different thing to come out with some edited junk as the new video. Kai Nigerians!!
P.S feel free to cuss me out. That’s what the comments section is for. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not really suprised cos d choc boys always release sub-par videos, I cannot pick one video from any of them that I loved....lmao @ revamped leak! I haven't seen it yet tho but I expected this from d choc boys....I'll still b jamming the song sha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the video and was really disappointed, couldn't get to half ... in my opinion, it was a waste of good money

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that really a music video or some Face of Africa video shoot?? smh! Despite the fact that i dont understand some words there, I love the song anyway.
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete