Tuesday, February 15, 2011

SKYLAR GREY?

One person that’s got the internet buzzing since the just concluded Grammys is Skylar Grey. To be honest I didn't know much about her but after some digging I found some material that might jog your memory.
At the just concluded Grammy award, she was the singer who performed alongside Eminem right before Dr Dre came on looking like the incredible hulk and a deeper look into her showed that shes actually been around for a good minute or two
She used to go by the name Holly Brooke which is her birth name. Do you remember the song “where did you go” by Fort minor? (The hip hop group formed by Linkin Park member; Mike Shinoda). Well she was the female voice on the hook of that song.
In recent times she’s worked with Diddy (I hear he’s back to puffy now) on the song; “I’m coming home” produced by Alex Da kid, who I hear is her mentor/manager and is signed to his wonderland music label. She’s also worked on a song on Lupe Fiascos highly anticipated LASERS album, titled “Words I never said”
She and Alex Da Kid co-wrote all three versions of “Love the way you lie” she also wrote castle walls for T.I which featured Christina Aguilera and was on T.I’s NO MERCY album
I do not know why or what caused the name change but I really don't think it was a good idea. Its good to know shes getting some buzz at the moment and performing at the Grammy's before you drop and album is a big deal, just ask Drake. I'll definitely be on the look out for her album when it drops.
In other news I hear Bieber fans hacked Esperanza Spalding’s Wiki page and wrote all sorts on there. Apparently they were pissed that Beiber didn’t win the “best new artist award. I didn’t expect him to win anything at the Grammys. Fact is the people who pick the winners of these awards are music professionals and execs, so it’s no surprise when they pick rock or jazz acts over pop or rap acts. I’m pretty sure there’s no 50cent or Birdman on that board so if some old man decides he would rather listen to Kenny G over Drake, well sorry!

3 comments:

  1. she has that good good voice. i wonder why her face wasnt revealed during her performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought i was the only one who noticed her face wasn't revealed

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...yeah. people i watch it with concluded her face was probably not camera friendly.lol wowo!lol

    ReplyDelete